Welcome new employees with onboarding gift boxes
Onboarding is the process of integrating new employees into an organization and helping them acclimate to their new roles.
One effective way to make this process smoother is to provide employees with an onboarding gift.
In this blog, we’ll discuss the benefits of providing an onboarding gift for employees, as well as some ideas for what to include in the gift.
Benefits of Onboarding Gift boxes for Employees
- An onboarding gift can help to boost employee morale by showing new hires that they are valued and appreciated. This can help to create a positive first impression of the organization and improve overall job satisfaction.
- An onboarding gift can help to create a sense of belonging for new employees. It can help them feel like they are part of the team and that their contributions are valued.
- Providing an onboarding gift can improve retention by creating a positive first impression of the organization. Helping new employees feel more connected to their roles and the organization as a whole.
- An onboarding gift can be a great way to demonstrate company culture and values. It can help new employees understand what the organization stands for and what is important to the team.
- : Providing an onboarding gift can help to increase employee engagement by making new hires feel more invested in their roles and the organization.
Ideas for Onboarding Gift boxes for Employees
- Branded swag is a great option for an onboarding gift. This could include things like t-shirts, water bottles, notebooks, or other items with the company’s logo or branding.
- Technology accessories like laptop sleeves or phone cases can be a practical and useful onboarding gift. These items can help new employees feel more prepared and equipped for their new role.
- Gift cards to local restaurants, coffee shops, or retail stores can be a great way to welcome new employees to the community and help them get settled in their new city.
- Desk accessories like customized pens, notebooks, or a personalized mug can be a thoughtful and practical onboarding gift that will help new employees feel more prepared for their new role.
- A company culture guidebook can be a great way to introduce new employees to the organization’s values, mission, and culture. This can help them feel more connected to the organization and understand what is expected of them in their new role.
Tips for Creating an Effective Onboarding Gift box
- Personalize the Gift: Personalizing the onboarding gift can help to make new employees feel more valued and appreciated. This could include adding a handwritten note or including items that reflect the employee’s interests or hobbies.
- Keep it Practical: When selecting items for the onboarding gift, focus on practical items that new employees will find useful in their new role.
- Align with Company Culture: The onboarding gift should align with the company’s culture and values. This will help new employees feel more connected to the organization and understand what is expected of them.
- Consider the Timing: Consider the timing of the onboarding gift. Providing it on the first day of work can be a great way to make new employees feel welcome and appreciated.
Start on good foot. That is important in any collaboration.
As an entrepreneur, you naturally also pay the necessary attention to the start of a working relationship.
How do you welcome new employees?
Onboarding (“taking a new employee on board”) goes beyond giving practical explanations.
With a well-chosen onboarding gift you start the working relationship on the best foot.
A happy employee feels good within your organization, feels involved and becomes the best ambassador for your brand. A clear win-win!
Show your company values
Your onboarding gift should show the values of your business. Are you a young dynamic start-up or an established value?
Is ecology and sustainability a driving force in your company? Do you attract young people as employees?
Show who you are as an entrepreneur and what you stand for in your business gifts and personnel policy.
- With the Let’s Walk onboarding gift box you promote a healthy mind in a healthy body. You show that the well-being of your employees is close to your heart. We personalize the articles in house style and colours.
- The Time-for-you gift box shows that a good work-life balance is important to you. In your company it is hard work, but after the hard work, self-care and relaxation are equally important.
- We put together the On-the-go gift box for commuters or employees who are often on the road. From now on, your people can eat healthy and tasty food on-the-go. The personalized items stand out and provide your brand with great visibility.
Make it personal
By planning employee gifts on a regular basis, you work on the relationship with your employees.
It is important that you do this in a personal way. Your message is gaining momentum.
Your employees feel personally addressed by the extra attention you pay to the gift.
- With every gift we can provide a personalized card, made in your house style.
- The personal message can be different on each card if you wish.
- We can print most gifts with your message, logo, in your colours.
- We pay a lot of attention to the right packaging. Receiving and unwrapping a present is even more fun. We do not lose sight of the ecological aspect here either.
New onboarding challenges
Working from home, mobile offices, working remotely… is more important today than it used to be.
This also means that you have to think extra about how to welcome your new employees.
What do you do with your onboarding gift if your employee works from home?
We can have all gifts delivered to your employees’ home address. We arrange the shipment from A to Z.
You add a personalized card and your employee receives a very nice gift at the door on the desired day!
- Make your employee happy with a basket of delicious and honest chocolate.
- A good working day starts with a healthy breakfast. We collected the necessary vitamins in this Bio set with fruit bowl.
- It can also be a bit more. The Bio set with tableware also includes beautiful plates, bowls and bags as an extra.
How does the onboarding gift fit into your entire personnel policy?
- Do you work with coaches? An experienced employee who guides the starter during the first months.
- Is there a training course that the starter must go through?
- How do you outline growth, training, talent management…?
Magnus has many years of experience. Our strength lies in coming up with creative concepts that work.
Take advantage of our added value. We like to think along with you about the bigger picture.
It is best to plan your staff gifts well-thought-out. In this way you get more results than with a ‘one-shot’ gift.